Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Trent Reznor Got Duped!

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the guy or not. Trent Reznor just found out, after realizing he only had $400,000 in cash (poor baby), that his manager John Malm had gotten him to sign a contract paying Malm 20% of his gross earnings. Malm has been handling Reznor's finances for a long time and has apparently been doing it without a salary. Reznor does admit that he often neglected his finances, which would give Malm pretty much all the control.

You know, $400,000 in cash is nothing compared to the millions Reznor already has. On top of that, he still has a good 80% of his gross earnings. With money like he's got, I think he can afford to give away a few thousand dollars. Honestly, I think this is just another celebrity getting stingy, because seriously, when you have several million dollars, what is a few thousand to you? It's pocket change. He could go to the nearest ATM and get more cash if he wanted to. He's practically got an unlimited supply. And what do you need $400,000 in cash for in the first place? I can't think of anything. Is he going to go pay for a new car in cash? Maybe a new house? If I'm not mistaken, I don't know anyone who does that. I don't know anyone who carries over $100 in his or her wallet. So give me a break, Trent Reznor. You could be doing a lot worse.

In other news...

Seriously huge mad props to Michael at For the 'Records' and Soul Shine Magazine for spotlighting the Vancouver band Bella. I've been friends with Cameron for a long time now and I've always had a special place in my heart for him and his band. They've worked really hard, playing shows non-stop. He's so busy these days that I hardly talk to him, but I know that they're doing well. So check out Bella on myspace and be their friends!

Yesterday Hamish Rosser was renting himself out. Today he's announcing that his band, The Vines, will be making a comeback new album, even though he's being screwed over by lead singer Craig Nicholls. Sometimes I just don't get these musician types.

Furthering my obsession with Sufjan Stevens, one of many obsessions I have right now, it was announced today that Stevens will collaborate with Denison Whitmer, another Christian artist who doesn't get known for being Christian even though he blatantly is and so is Stevens, but nevermind that. The album, Are You A Dreamer?, will be released July 26th on The Militia Group.

Dave Grohl announced the track listing for The Foo Fighters' new Kerry-inspired album, In Your Honor. Exciting. Not really.

Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie, and Sleater-Kinney are just a few of the bands contributing to a new Anti-Bush CD, The Future Soundtrack For America. Wait a minute, didn't that already come out like... forever ago? Why do I recognize this name? Someone help me out because I'm super confused. I digress. The album will come out on July 4th (haha, that's awesome) on Barsuk, and it's a huge album of covers, rareties, and previously unreleased songs geared at firing up the liberal in us all.

If Coldplay isn't coming to your area, you must live in Wyoming. They officially announced their upcoming tour, and as I've been saying in my upcoming shows section for a while now, they are in fact coming to C-bus. So yeah, if you want to be in a huge crowd with the tallest person standing in front of you along with about a thousand other people, I suggest going.

If you are dying for a new Radiohead album, you have one more year to go. From what they say, the songs are "already done and amazing." Unfortunately, the track record of people saying that in the past is pretty bad, but it's Radiohead so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Doves has a new website and it's full of goodies.

Upcoming Columbus Shows

Tonight - Stereo Total w/ Les Georges Leningrad - Little Brothers (I'll see you there!)
5.27 - The Killers w/ Hot Hot Heat and Robbers on the Street - Promowest Pavilion
6.01 - Gang Gang Dance - The Wexner Center
6.02 - The Wrens - Little Brothers
6.03 - Tokyo Rose - High Five
6.08 - Modest Mouse - Promowest Pavilion
6.13 - Iron and Wine - The Newport
6.16 - Comets On Fire - The Wexner Center
6.29 - Black Eyed Peas w/ Talib Kweli - Promowest Pavilion
8.11 - Ben Folds w/ Ben Lee and Rufus Wainwright - Promowest Pavilion
8.31 - Coldplay - Germain Ampitheater
9.06 - Of Montreal - TBA

Daily Downloads
From regnyouth:

The Beatles - Rubber Soul (link, mp3)
Sigur Ros - Live stuff (link, mp3)
American Idol 4: The Showstoppers (link, mp3)

This was the quickest update I've ever done, and I'm pretty proud of myself. I'll have pictures and tell you all about the Stereo Total show tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You're from Columbus, Ohio. How in the world did you meet Cameron from Bella? I thought the band members were from either Vancouver or San Fransisco?

8:32 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I can't say I've actually met the guy. We've actually been internet friends for a while now. It's this beautiful thing called myspace. At any rate, he's seriously the coolest kid ever. Here's hoping they make it to Columbus!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home