Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dos and Don'ts

That doesn't look grammatically correct, but I think it is. So, hi, friends! I've been yelled at for not posting anything. "Is your blog dead already?" asks one person. No, it's just been a busy... life. Nevertheless, I'm bringing you this lovely post full of good advice. I call it... Dos and Don'ts.

Do go see Danielson if they come to your area. The band is going on quite a whirlwind tour of the states and abroad, so if you get the chance, they come highly recommended. Do also get their new album, Ships, on May 9th. It guest stars Deerhoof and, of course, Sufjan Stevens.

Don't (as we are already well aware of) piss off Neil Young, or he will make an album about how pissed off he is at you. Then he will get a lot of publicity in his home country and in yours. Then people will talk about the lyrics and spread them all over the internet so that everyone knows how horrible you are even before the album comes out. Do, however, listen to his new album, Living With War, when it is released in a few weeks.

Do listen to more records (i.e. vinyl, not CD), and start with John Tejada's May 28th release, Eurotunnel/Calibration.

Don't get confused when you see the name James Figurine. It's really just Jimmy Tamborello. As I have already reported to you, Mr. Tamborello... ahem... Mr. Figurine is coming out with a new album. Although it was first thought to be part of his band Figurine, it's now becoming clear that this is a solo album under the moniker James Figurine. What's the difference? Uh, I don't know. There are still guest singers, so that's not different. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that one. Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake comes out July 11.

Do hold out hope that, at long last, Sparklehorse has finished a follow-up album to their 2001 release, It's a Wonderful Life. While the album remains unnamed, the talk is that there are a lot of collaborations, including an appearance by Tom Waits on an unreleased track from the aforementioned last album. Sweet!

Don't do what I did and miss John Vanderslice. Ugh. Well, I guess I'm alright with it, but I still would have liked to see him. At least I get to see pictures. Do go read this interview with him at Now Magazine, though.

Do live your life on 6.6.6. They're just numbers. Plenty of people are going to live it up like any other normal day, including some people releasing new albums. Coolfer has a list of 6.6.6 releases.

Don't miss any of these shows if you don't have to:
04.29: The Bell Orchestre and Snailhouse - The Wexner Center Performance Space
05.10: Prefuse 73 and Edan - The Wexner Center Performance Space
05.17: Heather Waugh and Ellery - Little Brother's
06.26: We Are Scientists and The Double - Little Brother's
07.06: Panic! At the Disco, The Dresden Dolls, and The Hush Sound - The LC Pavilion
09.27 Built to Spill - Newport Music Hall

Do be patient with me as I am trying to graduate college here. I can't promise I'll be regularly posting, but know that I will be attempting to when I have the time. Until the next...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

score for we are scientists. i missed them last time. have you seen their web page? it's freakin hilarious.

3:54 PM  
Blogger /dr. said...

cool blog! the new sonic youth is really good.

/dr.

www.sixpointbleed.blogspot.com

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home