Thursday, August 11, 2005

Suddenly, I love Columbus.

I return from my weekend hiatus to tell you some fantastic news.

First of all, if you're going to the Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah concert, you have a rather large dilemma because Kings of Leon are playing at the Newport Music Hall, and I'm definitely going to that.

Second of all, on September 28... Doves. I'm not kidding. Doves. I thought I'd have to wait until Coachella to see them, but no. Somehow, God must have heard that I would pee myself if I could see Doves and sure enough, they're coming to the Newport.

If you know me, you know I hate the Newport, but for these two shows, I will make an exception.

Kings of Leon
September 20
7:00pm
Newport Music Hall
$16.50

Doves
September 28
7:00pm
Newport Music Hall
$18.00

Ahh, I love Thursdays.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes you think God wouldn't want to see you pee yourself? He has a sense of humour, you know. But he really, really hates The Doves.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I was looking at peoples profiles that liked the movie danny deckchair cuz I just put that in mine.....but anywho, I am totally psyched that you posted about kigns of leon because that show isnt on their website and I didnt know! I saw them in detroit 3 weeks ago and they were really awesome...so I am thinkin I am gonna go see them in cbus as well :) Thank you again!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a chronicler of abuses of our mother tongue, I shall add Jerome's post to my site henceforth!

And may I, Rebecca, add my name to the chorus of voices rising to request you return to enlightening us with your charmingly off-kilter opinions on the indie-music community? It's been more than a fortnight, my lady!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you abandoned your blog entirely? That would make me even sadder and madder than I already am. And what of your belief that having a blog makes one cool? Or is it that only cool people are capable of having blogs? I forget. But anyway, what about that?

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home