Thursday, March 17, 2005

Snow Patrol Scandal!

Mark McClellan Speaks Out

The saga continues today. McClelland, the now former bassist for Snow Patrol, alleges that the decision came as a total shock to him. He also claims that the supposed pressures blamed for the decision simply did not exist, and that the person behind all of this is their control-hungry lead singer Gary Lightbody. While they continue to throw punches behind the scenes, upcoming shows for Snow Patrol have yet to be cancelled, though if you are planning on seeing them in the future, you should be sure to check before going.

In other news...


The Foo Fighters are really pumped up about their new album, especially David Grohl. The album, In Your Honor, is slated for release in June and will feature one CD of typical Foo Fighter rock and roll and a second CD of all acoustic songs. Also look for some surprising special guests on the album. Says Grohl, "I can't f***ing wait."

Ben Folds is a busy busy man. Folds has just released dates for his 2005 tour to promote his forthcoming album, Songs For Silverman. The tour will be all over the place, from Australia to the states to England. Meanwhile, the first single from the album, "Landed," is already available on iTunes and as a ringtone, and on Tuesday it will be released on 7". Speaking of... A special expanded edition of the classic Ben Folds Five album, Whatever and Ever Amen, will also be released on Tuesday. Available now, however, is Ben Folds' cover of Dr. Dre's "B***hes Ain't S***." Songs For Silverman will be released on April 26.

As it turns out, Michael Vaughn, director of the new X-Men 3 movie, is not a man of mystery
after all. Vaughn, the husband of top model Claudia Schiffer, produced the Guy Ritchie films Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Yeah, I guess that would make you accomplished. Hehe.

The new Queens of the Stone Age album, Lullabies to Paralize, is coming out on Tuesday (what a big day!), but you can get a sneak peak on their myspace profile. Man, who doesn't have one these days?

The Prefix Magazine interview with Explosions in the Sky concludes today, and I must say that it's one of the greatest interviews I've read recently. Okay, so it's the only one I've read recently, but I really like these guys, so read it. By the way, if you were at the Explosions in the Sky show back in October, the top four tour pictures on their fan site should look familiar. Enjoy!


Upcoming Columbus Shows

3.28 - Dogs Die in Hot Cars - Little Brothers
4.07 - Copeland/Lovedrug - The Newport Music Hall
4.20 - Moog Documentary/m83/Ulrich Schnauss - Mershon Black Box
4.21 - Clem Snide - Little Brothers
4.26 - House of Heroes (no longer a CD release) - Little Brothers
5.08 - The Books - Mershon Black Box


Downloads of the Day

Coldplay live at KCRW, featuring new songs from their forthcoming album, X&Y, slated for release on June 7th.
BrooklynVegan scoured the vaults of Austin's KVRX and found some live mp3s you might enjoy. Check these out:
Xiu Xiu
Explosions in the Sky
Cat Power
Modest Mouse
Elf Power
Of Montreal
John Vanderslice
I Am The World Trade Center


On a more personal note...

Last night I went to Bible study with Claude and it was a very good time. At Applebee's afterwards (half-priced appetizers!), I forced him to sit with the boys to get some good bonding time. I'm so glad he's getting settled here in Columbus and making good friends. Tonight we're being lazy and doing take-out, but tomorrow we're going out someplace nice since I'll be gone for break.

I can't wait to go home and see my mom. Hanging out with Claude has made me realize how much I miss her. She's going to love him. I talked to her on the phone this afternoon for an hour, and she's already telling me, "No pressure." Funny, that's what she told my brother when she met Leslie, and now look at them. No, I am not even thinking about marriage. That is only something our parents think about, which is why I keep hearing, "No pressure," and the dreaded g-word ("grandchildren"). Not for about ten years, guys!

I'm going to go take a shower and get ready for dinner. Later, taters.

Currently listening to: Enon - Candy

PS: Blogger is being crappy and so the formatting on this post is messed up. I'll fix it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home